Isn't Voicemail Annoying?

Great ideas for Sprint, Nextel, T-mobile, AT&T, US Cellular, Alltel and Verizon text messaging customers.

I have been in the wireless industry long enough to see the trends come and go. As text messaging gets more popular, out goes the desire to actually listen and respond to voice mail.

Why is that? Well for one thing, voice mails are lengthy and can ramble. I should know as I have left some incredibly long voicemails in my day. Additionally, there isn't a great way to capture just the information you need without having to listen to the entire message again.

I personally dread having to listen to my voicemails and purposely do that at the end of my day when I can sit and capture all the information on paper or in a calendar item on my computer while listening to the message.

What would be better for users of the "new wireless genre" is to be able to easily skim through messages, get the information you need, skip voicemails that are not pertinent and streamline daily life.

One way I have found is to use one of the many voicemail to text or email services available. I have found one that I recommend called CallWave which is pretty affordable as an option. You can try it out for a month for free to see if it works for you.

In a nutsell, the service provides a transcribe of the voice call into a log on your computer that you can skim through, choose the voicemails to listen to from either your phone or computer (via email). A "gist" text message is also sent to the user's cell phone summarizing what the gist of the message is about.

In summary what you can do with a service like Callwave:

  • Read it. With our Vtxt Gist feature, you can read summarized text transcriptions of your messages.
  • Hear it. Listen to messages on your mobile phone, in your email or in your message portal.
  • Organize it. Search, save, sort and delete voicemail in your message portal.
  • Screen it. Screen calls on your mobile phone or PC just like an answering machine.

If you want to check it out you can click this link:



Get Visual Voicemail Free

No comments: