Sprint back to Kansas City

Having worked for corporate Sprint for 5 years and having used Sprint personally previous to my employment with the company, I have always had a personal loyalty to the company. I realize the sentiments were not reciprocated and accepted that.

I left Sprint to work for the competitor and felt as though I was cheating on my spouse to change the "we" referring to Sprint and my representation of Sprint to "we" as in the new partnership with my new employer.

What is more, the new employer treated me like a traitor and never really got over the fact that I had a previous affair with Sprint. I was known, not for my conviction, drive for results, positive customer experience and work ethic, but only for my previous employer. I was actually referred to as "the Sprint person."

While I accepted it as a label, the intent of that label was not flattering. It was a condemning projection of my efforts to a slam on my previous employer. So if I came up with a great sales contest, then it was not as a result of my own thoughtful creation, it was "a Sprint idea."

I grew weary of the opposition I faced at this wireless provider and left the company and still today will feel as an outsider to a company that I spent nearly 2 years growing and molding their sales team. While I still represent and sell their service, I am quite certainly an outsider.

I have experienced cliques before in school and this wireless generation is very similar to that. People are defining themselves by which carrier use or work for.

Sprint's identity was lost with the merger of Nextel and I would say that Nextel employees and customers felt abandoned.

The facts are that Sprint has some incredible differentiators with the Nextel services and the upcoming releases of Air Rave (using phone to make calls over wireless data network) and QChat (push-to-talk between Nextel and traditional CDMA Sprint devices) and of course the high speed data network.

Now that Sprint is brining it's headquarters back home, I would love to see it bring its customer service back home too!

No comments: